UNIQUELY DESIGNED QUILTED CLOTHING
FROM CALICO & OLD LACE
I am an artist and a tailor.
Wearable art that is both functional and practical is what I make.
I design eclectic quilted clothing from pieced Seminole Patchwork and machine trapunto.
Creating heirloom clothing preserved through quilting and bringing piecework of yesteryear to the fashion of today’s world.
DESIGNED WITH THE CLIENT IN MIND
- Each garment is tailored in standard sizes or custom couture.
- Designed with the clients’ functional use of the garment
- Quilted designs are traditional or contemporary, uniquely quilted into the garment.
- Durable clothing made of quality fabrics, silk threads.
UNIQUELY DIFFERENT WEARABLE ART
- Free motion machine quilting creates raised effect in the design
- Seminole Patchwork gives the piece color and preserves an age old technique of piecework.
- Machine pieced, machine quilted, machine embroidered
- Hand finished with embellishments such as lace, beads, buttons.
- Each garment is designed to be practical to wear and functional, including pockets.
- Designs are endless. Wide opportunity of color choices.
WHY PURCHASE FROM CALICO & OLD LACE
- Timeless jackets and vests outlast today’s fad
- Garments are washable on the delicate cycle; Line Dry
- NO DRY CLEANING NECESSARY
- Worn as casual wear or for special occasion
- No Ironing needed. May fluff in dryer on low heat.
QUILTED ITEMS OTHER THAN CLOTHING
- Quilted items for decoration to home and office (pillows, aprons, door hangings)
- Wall Hangings designed from piecework and free motion machine quilting.
- Small blankets made for practical use with children or elderly.
- Decorative tableware quilted for any season or occasion.
- Quilted purses made individually of Seminole Patchwork and machine quilting. Hand made construction of the purses.
- Each item is made originally and generally one of a kind.
- Machine embroidery applied to quilted items as thread-play.
- Washable and durable, made of quality fabric, silk thread, and polyester batting.
- Beautiful gift items, unique and practical.
I create these quilted items from the inspirations that come upon me from the natural world around me. Color and texture intrigue me with the endless combinations that occur in nature and fabricated in the garment industry. Trends escape me and timeless beauty runs deep within my creative soul.
Inquire about my quilted garments or decorative items anytime.